Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It is with a heavy heart that I write this post to you today. The last couple of weeks have been extremely
difficult for not only me, but for Kent, Natalie, and Garrett also.
We received updated information on sweet little Pan Yue, and
this information raised some serious concerns. Her head size is not growing
along a curve as it should which means that she has microcephaly. With this
diagnoses, it raises some serious issues that we know we are not capable of
handling at our ages. Every fiber of my being wanted to be this child's mom and
I was willing to fight to make sure that we had an accurate picture of her
future. Unfortunately our worst fears were confirmed when we consulted with a
pediatric neurologist on February 9, 2010. With the information we have received, we know that we can not proceed with her adoption. This decision has created an
overwhelming since of grief and loss in our lives. We are overwhelmed with an
array of emotions, as we feel like we just lost a child. This may be difficult for some to understand, but truly we've lost a child. This is a child that
we have earnestly prayed for, dreamed about, called our own, and
loved as though she was already part of our family. Would you please join me in
prayer for this sweet little girl, Pan Yue? Please pray that a family will come forward to adopt her. Pray for her safety while she waits for her forever family. Please pray that her little heart will be protected from any of this. I have peace knowing she clearly has no idea of what has been occuring half way around the world. I do pray that she will one day know in her heart of a family that loved her, prayed for her and ultimately wanted to best for her.
I would also ask that you be in prayer for Kent and I as we pick up the pieces
and move forward. We are going to claim Romans 8:28 for ourselves that God
works all things together for good for those that love him. We have been
seeking God's confirmation throughout this entire process, and we know that
there was a reason that we set out on this path. For Pan Yue it may be that we
just kept her file because the family who is meant for her just wasn't ready
yet. For us, we are already seeing God's hand in our lives. We have never had
a desire to adopt, but now that we have fallen in love with a child in a foreign
land, we see that God does intend for our family to put James 1:27 help and care for the orphans and widows in their affliction and need into action. After we take some time to mourn the loss of this precious little girl, we will seek God's
guidance and direction, we will open our hearts to looking at other orphans.
God has showed us that this story doesn't end here. There are many more
chapters to be written. Please join us as we wait on the Lord to
write the pages of this book as only He can. Thank you for supporting us during
this time. I am grateful for my friends and for the amazing forgiving body of Christ
His mercy & grace.


4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for you. You have experienced a miscarriage and it is so difficult. I'll pray for you, as you mourn the loss of this child, and I'll pray that soon the Lord will give you the child he had in mind for you from the foundations of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thinking of you guys daily and praying that each day gets easier. When things are tough I have learned to say that we will never understand it all "this side of heaven", but one day you will put all the pieces together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, You don't know me but I know of Pan Yu. We just returned last week from China with her foster brother, Tian Tian. I even have a picture of her at her 1yr birthday party. If it helps she is in a foster home that is full of love. If you would like anymore info you can email me. You are in my prayers.
    Melissa Freeman
    mbcfree@yahoo.com
    When my son saw her picture on your site he pointed and said Neya Neya over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for your family & Pan Yue.

    ReplyDelete