Monday, December 21, 2009

a simple phone call to a stranger

today i had the pleasure of chatting with a women in indianapolis, in...her name is ginger... she is the mother of 6 children (4 biological/2 are adopted)...i've been on a web site called china talk...it is a site where you can post questions...read others posting to educate oneself on the china adoption process...different special needs...paper work questions the information truly is endless...jenna another lady i've met during the adoption process posted on china talk a question about small head circumference...ginger responded with a post..from that post she sent me her phone number and said to give her a call...as soon as i read her invitation to call i did just that...called her...again i've been asking God for clarity...He sent me ginger today...i may never actually meet ginger...that doesn't matter because our chat today was just what God had planned for our introduction...this is what she told me: the daughter they were in the process of adopting tragically passed away...through summer's death ginger was given a great gift and ginger (a total stranger)shared with me today has changed my perspective...

August 23, 2007

One year ago today, as I was obliviously going through my life, in far away Hunan China Zhi Xin struggled to hold on to hers. Little Zhi Xin, Summer…the daughter we waited for to soon join our family passed away at 4:00pm. We learned the heartbreaking news from our coordinator the next day; she was devastated, we were devastated.
Zhi Xin, the daughter I never held, never kissed, but truly loved gave me a gift…she changed my perspective. I had been selfish, in the past my prayers had been for God to lead us to a child that would be the perfect fit for our family…now I wanted God, in His grace, to make us the perfect family for this baby. My perspective had changed and I was grateful for it.

i can see clearly that God has chosen our imperfect family to be mallory's family...He will equip up with what mallory needs...He's chosen us for mallory...not mallory for us...i am at peace and my heart is filled with joy with this gift that summer left her mom ginger...and ginger gave to me today...





No comments:

Post a Comment